ELS21 – Improve Listening Skills by robot navigation (EV3)
Lego Mindstorms EV3 v 1.2.1 for EV3 Firmware version 1.09H
In this interaction the student is asked to listen to verbal instructions and to then make the robot to move in certain ways as described below. The target is to improve listening communication skills.
- To be able to move the robot when asked in a sequence of one two or three movements
- To be able to move the robot around a maze and bring the robot to a stop when asked and answer a simple question for example name the colour of the crayon.
- To be able to take the robot from one object to another and stop at the second object and wait for instructions for the next movement
The Edurob Curriculum document provides further information on the use of this interaction in ELS21.
The robot may be controlled via either of the following 2 methods:
Using the IR sensor and RemoteControl app:
- Both up buttons forward
- Both down buttons backwards
- One up and one down spin on the spot
- Using the tracks individually causes the robot to move and turn
- Toggle button at the top of the remote causes the third motor to run moving the head and arms
Using the stepwise EV3 remote app, the robot can perform the following separate programs:
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveForward” – move 1 step forwards
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveBackwards” – move 1 step backwards
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn90R” – turn 90 deg right
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn90L” – turn 90 deg left
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn30R” – turn 30 deg right
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn30L” – turn 30 deg left
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveArc” – move through an arc of 90 degrees.
- Program path: “ELS01p3/welldone” – Random well done reward sound
- Program path: “ELS01p3/tryagain” – Random try again sound
These may be called using the Edurob App.