ELS12 – Navigate the bee to the flower (EV3)
Lego Mindstorms EV3 v 1.2.1 for EV3 Firmware version 1.09H
The student must navigate the robot by creating a sequence of instructions to get from one point to another. The trainer prints a set of cards to allow the student to make sequences of interactions. The teacher uses the set of behaviours to make NAO step and turn the given sequence presented by the student’s cards. For full details and resources see ELS12 from the curriculum document.
The EV3 can perform the following separate programs:
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveForward” – move 1 step forwards
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveBackwards” – move 1 step backwards
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn90R” – turn 90 deg right
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn90L” – turn 90 deg left
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn30R” – turn 30 deg right
- Program path: “ELS01p3/Turn30L” – turn 30 deg left
- Program path: “ELS01p3/MoveArc” – move through an arc of 90 degrees.
- Program path: “ELS01p3/welldone” – Random well done reward sound
- Program path: “ELS01p3/tryagain” – Random try again sound
These may be called using the Edurob App.
file: EV3_ELS01p3.zip (Download)
Downloadable cards file: Cards_for_Stepwise_Navigation.docx (Download)
Example map files ***