ELS18 – Tell me a story (EV3)
Lego Mindstorms EV3 v 1.2.1 for EV3 Firmware version 1.09H
This interaction uses story telling cards and the robot is used to encourage the student to understand the storyline, and the sequence of events contained within.
It works in 3 ways:
I. The teacher presents in order two sequencing cards and tells the story . Then he gives the student another two cards. One of them belongs to series. The robot asks, “Which card fits with the others? Try to finish this story.”
II. The teacher presents the student story sequencing cards (three) in random order. He asks the student to show the robot each card. Teacher describes each card and asks student to help him (he could ask students some prompt questions; What is it? What is he doing? etc). After describing all 3, the robot says, “It is a story. Arrange the pictures into order from the beginning to the end.”
III. The teacher gives the students sequencing cards about a robot in random pile.
Robot asks says: “Choose some cards” , “Who is on the card?” “Tell me a story about the robot.”
The robot rewards students activities with appropriate praise or behaviours.
Robot can perform the following separate programs:
- Program path: “ELS18/choosesomecards” – Robot says, “Choose some cards.”
- Program path: “ELS18/arrangepictures” – Robot says, “It is a story. Arrange the pictures into order from the beginning to the end.”
- Program path: “ELS18/tellmeastory” – Robot says, “Tell me a story about the robot.”
- Program path: “ELS18/whoisonthecard” – Robot asks, “Who is on the card?”
- Program path: “ELS18/finishthestory” – Robot asks, “Which card fits with the others? try and find the one to finish the story.”
These may be called using the Edurob App.