ELS03 – Chatting (EV3)
Lego Mindstorms EV3 v 1.2.1 for EV3 Firmware version 1.09H
This app contains a set of programs to elicit a basic introductions conversation with a student. It aims to encourage social interaction and vocalisation. The robot actions are called by the teacher/therapist in response to the student’s interactions.
The conversation to be encouraged is as follows:
- ROBOT: HELLO
- Student: HELLO
- ROBOT: WHAT’S YOUR NAME?
- STUDENT: ####. WHAT’S YOUR NAME?
- ROBOT: ### (robot’s name). HOW ARE YOU?
- STUDENT: FINE, AND YOU?
- ROBOT: Fine
The interaction may be used as described in ELS03 in the Edurob curriculum document.
Robot can perform the following separate programs:
- Program path: “ELS03/hello” – Robot says, “Hello.”
- Program path: “ELS03/whatname” – Robot says, “What’s your Name?”
- Program path: “ELS03/myname” – Robot says, “My name is Sonny?”
- Program path: “ELS03/fine” – Robot says, “Fine?”
- Program path: “ELS03/howareyou” – Robot says, “How are you?”
- Program path: “ELS03/fineandyou” – Robot says, “Fine, and you?”
These may be called using the Edurob App.
file: EV3_ELS03.zip (Download)